Sales Associate – Full Time
Retail (Sales & Operations)
Liberal Jewellery was established by Liberal De Medeiros in 1970. He emigrated from São Miguel, Azores with the dream to start a new life for his family. Over the years his small shop evolved into a family-run business offering fine home decor, imported jewellery, and select watch brands. Today, we specialize exclusively in fine jewellery with a focus on 19.25 karat gold and sterling silver collections imported from Portugal, Italy and within Canada. We also offer specialized services for custom jewellery and repairs.
Our family’s commitment to our clientele is matched only by our passion for high quality craftsmanship and finding the perfect piece to celebrate any of life’s milestones. Our employees are kind, helpful, creative and professionally committed. Online or in store, we are excited to share our extensive collections with our customers across Canada.
Liberal Jewellery Sales Associate strives to assist their clientele in an amicable and insightful manner while providing a pleasant and professional experience. The business mission is to build and maintain client relationships for generations to come. Liberal Jewellery Sales Associate are responsible for the following:
- Consistently achieve or exceed monthly individual sales plan.
- Build and develop relationships with new and existing customers.
- Promote merchandise on social media.
- Gain a comprehension of all in store product lines. Metal composition, gemstones, production history, origin of merchandise and value of product classes.
- Understanding of jewellery and simple watch repairs.
- Daily maintenance of website and online correspondence with clients.
- Prepare and provide certificates/appraisals for jewellery
- To keep the shop clean and tidy while maintaining security of merchandise.
- Plan and execute artistic seasonal window displays.
- Greet clients in a friendly manner and serve all customers with a professional demeanor while maintaining a positive and cooperative work environment.
- Maintain security standards within the store to ensure safety of customers, colleagues and to protect our assets through appropriate care and handling of merchandise.
- Retail experience, minimum 5 years.
- Availability to work 5 days a week on average 8.5 hours a day including Saturdays. Flexibility on working later on scheduled days.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, customer service skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Capable to work with Microsoft Outlook/e-mail, Word, Access, Social Media, WordPress.
- Post-Secondary degree.
- Language skills preferred: Portuguese.
- Experience with Photoshop.